IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Very big changes in IITDU FORUM

Go down

Some Very big changes in IITDU FORUM Empty Some Very big changes in IITDU FORUM

First of all, congrats to ourselves for crossing the 150 Member number Smile

Now, The forum theme has been changed to a more professional look. However, some of you are not satisfied with it.

For them, a new update is coming up!! Very Happy

I have found a way of allowing users to use themes they want from a preselected array of choices. That means.. this forum can have different themes for different members as they want Very Happy

I have given the implementation task to BIT0130-Shakkhor, and if you don't get this facility in due time, whack him.

Also, I have added IRC chat feature in this forum. This allows the forum to be more communicative among members in the least data consuming and fastest data transferring way.

With these features added, you will see now two new buttons in the navigation bar.
-Today's Active Topics
-IITDU IRC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have also removed The "Helps A Lot" award from every member. It will be given to members on a month by month basis.
Also, I have another Award Smile

It is going to be called "VIP Member". A member who has contributed to the forum most. AND this award will be given to the person on the basis of votes given by the forum users Smile
I have not decided about how the nominees will be picked though. The forum's administrative panel will decide them Wink

And now, the latest update:

BIT0103-Ovid has been elected as a moderator Smile Congratulations to him.
He is the latest member in our administrative committee.

And yeah, I want more active forum members Wink
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Some Very big changes in IITDU FORUM :: Comments

BIT0129-Tabassum

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:21 am by BIT0129-Tabassum

Congratulations Alim Very Happy

The VIP member is going to be surely our honorable administrator Amit. He contributed most in this forum, not only with the valuable posts but also inspiring each and everyone to use and give posts in the forum. So, I think all forum users should select Amit to be the VIP member. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

BIT0122-Amit

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:19 am by BIT0122-Amit

thanks for the nice reply Smile I am feeling honored...

But I think Admins/moderators should not be considered for any awards...

The sole purpose of our existence is to serve the users.. to make their life comfortable.

It is our responsibility.

So.. if we perform our responsibilities, it means we are just doing our job. We can't get awards for that, right?

It is you, the users, who bring life to this forum. totally on your own will. And there is no sense of responsibility, but a feeling of participating in a community, voluntarily is what is at work here.

So, it will be honorable for me to give the users the awards.

In return, i want nothing but more activity from each and everyone of this forum.

Back to top Go down

BIT0129-Tabassum

Post Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:07 am by BIT0129-Tabassum

Giving some posts or making this forum more effective is your responsibility, but do you think this this forum is just yours? I don't think so. I think, this forum is ours, the IITans. So, giving post and making it better is also our responsibilities.

By the way, you are not just working as the admin here, you are also giving the topics which are very helpful for us. SO, you admins, moderators should have nomination for VIP category Very Happy

Back to top Go down

BIT0122-Amit

Post Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:05 am by BIT0122-Amit

Neutral how about making a poll about it then?
this forum's main decisions are of course.. taken by you (disclaimer: changing the forum theme is not a main decision. It is a puny decision dependent on the admin)

Back to top Go down

BIT0129-Tabassum

Post Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:16 am by BIT0129-Tabassum

aa....poll can be added.

Back to top Go down

BIT0122-Amit

Post Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:50 am by BIT0122-Amit

Razz you make a topic about it then

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down