IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparation outline for Code Warriors Challenge 2012

4 posters

Go down

Preparation outline for Code Warriors Challenge 2012 Empty Preparation outline for Code Warriors Challenge 2012

Post by BIT0112-Rokon Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:45 am

Those who are interested to participate in code warriors challenge in different track, I would like to recommend you some technology stacks to look forward.

Php track:

As a very beginner I would like to suggest you start with php. Learn php from a book. Wrox series is recommended. And of course try to cover object oriented php. You can even start from w3schools. Try to look at php manual. After learning basic php, start database programming with php. Mysql is recommended for database. When you are quite comfortable with php and database manipulation, try to develop a web application of your own. You may develop your own site to test that you can do things. To develop a good web application you need to develop a good
user interface. And here lots of UI tools available. HTML and CSS are the basics. Learn them perfectly. After getting them, you can look forward to
some css and javascript framework. 960, Tripoli, YUI Grids, Blue prints lots of them are available. Choose any of them. For JavaScript framework, JQuery is my recommendation. You can look at YUI also. After getting good knowledge on UI development, look forward to learning a good php framework. There is a very good amount of a framework available in php. CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Symphony , kohana etc. CodeIgniter is recommended. After learning a php framework, revise your first developed application and try to integrate that one with a
framework. Next you need to learn web service. Dig on web service for some time. Try to understand what it is, how it works and why it’s important. Then try to implement in any framework. CodeIgniter has support for web service.
However, there is another good framework for it named Recess. You can try this. For web service, you can use xml or json. Json is more widely used today.

Key point:
1. Learn object oriented php.
2. Learn mysql database
3. Learn html/css perfectly
4. Lern JQuery for better UI
5. Learn CodeIgniter
6. Learn webservice

.Net track
As a very beginner you can start with C# programming. Try to get some good knowledge on visual C#. Get a book, and read out thoroughly. Try to implement some basic application in C#. Try to work with a
database. When you are confident on C#, start looking for asp.net. Get some knowledge of web programing on asp.net. You can start with asp.net mvc. It’s my recommendation. Go to http://www.asp.net/mvc
to learn asp.net mvc. Read the all the article and try to implement them. You need to learn an ORM tool, entity framework or NHibernate. Entity framework is recommended. You will get lots of handy tools available for asp.net mvc. Entity Framework has three approaches- Code first, data first, and model first. A code first approach is my recommendation. Learn a view engine. You will find aspx and razor view. Razor view is recommended. Try to look at NuGet package for scaffolding. You will find some complete application development tutorial. Try to read and develop them. I will recommend you some books and online resource for them. Then go for web service and of course learn json. And mind learning
TDD. TDD means Test driven development.

Key points:
1. Learn C#
2. Learn database mssql
3. Learn asp.net mvc
4. Learn the
entity framework
5. Learn razor view
6. Learn web service

Java track:

I think for java track, nothing to write. We everybody knows java standard edition. If you are confident in Java SE start learning Java EE. Learn Servlet programing first. Look Jsp and JSTL. After getting good knowledge on servlet and jsp start learning a framework. You can start with jsf or struts, but spring framework is my recommendation. Start learning spring mvc. You need to learn an ORM tool. There are a lot like JPA but hibernate is recommended. You will find step by step programing guide on spring mvc. Read and learn. For view engine, you can work with jsp, velocity, sitemesh etc. Learn JQuery for better UI. Then go for web service. Apache CFX is good for RestFull Webservice.

Key points:
1. Be confident in Java SE
2. Start Java EE
3. Learn Servlet and JSP
4. Learn spring framework, get the idea on spring core.
5. Learn Spring mvc
6. Learn to hibernate
7. Learn JUnit for testing
8. Learn how to deploy a
project on Server, tomcat is recommended.
9. Learn web service; look forward to apache cfx for restful web service.

Note: These are not the final recommendations. For the very first look, you can start working with them. By the way, for web application you need to have a prior
idea on html and css for all track. So very first who don’t know them, start learning html and css.

Last edited by BIT0112-Rokon on Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:48 am; edited 3 times in total
BIT0112-Rokon
BIT0112-Rokon
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

http://blog.codexplo.org

Back to top Go down

Preparation outline for Code Warriors Challenge 2012 Empty Re: Preparation outline for Code Warriors Challenge 2012

Post by BIT0122-Amit Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:49 pm

সাবাঁশ!
rep++ and FBLike!
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Preparation outline for Code Warriors Challenge 2012 Empty Re: Preparation outline for Code Warriors Challenge 2012

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Nice work. But I have one thing to say.

I think not all the things you mentioned are NECESSARY. I know someone who thought these to be so and was worried because he thinks it too much too learn.
For instance, Entity Framework for .net is obviously most appropriate choice, but there is nothing wrong if someone choose something else.

So, I think you should add one line at the top of the post describing that these are strong recommendations but not necessary.
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0112-Rokon Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:16 am

হুম, মোহাইমিন।
আমি একটা ফাইনাল রেকমেনডেশান লিখবো অন্য একটা পোস্ট এ।

এইবার তোর প্রশ্নের উত্তর দেই। entity framework not necessarily important, but recommended. কেন তা বলতেছি। NuGet Package এমন কিছু scaffolding আছে, যা তোর কোড লেখা কমিয়ে দেবে। সহজ একটা উদাহরণ দেই. তুই যদি asp.net mvc 3 এর scaffolding use করিস, তাহলে তোকে শুধু মাত্র একটা মডেল লিখতে হবে। তারপর কন্ট্রোলার এর নাম লিখলেই হবে, বাকি কোড যেমন প্রেজেন্টাশান লেয়ার, ডাটা একসেস লেয়ার, কন্ট্রোলারের একশান মেথড গুলো তোকে লিখে দেবে। তার মানে তোর নিজ হাতে শুধু মাত্র মডেল লিখতে হচ্ছে।
মনে আছে, আমরা যখন জাভাতে কোড করতাম কত গুলো কোড লিখতে হতো, একটা ফরম এর জন্য। এইখানে জাভার সাথে কম্পেয়ার করতে গেলে তোকে অনলি একটা বিন লিখতে হচ্ছে। একটা বিন মানে মডেল এ ম্যাক্সিমাম ১০০ লাইন কোড থাকতে পারে, কিন্তু এটি তোর জন্য হাজার হাজার লাইন কোড নিজে লিখে দেবে। জিনিসটা ইন্টারেস্টিং। এজন্য এটা দেখতে বলেছি। তোকে যে অনেককিছু জানতে হবে, ব্যপারটা তা না। খুব কম শিখেও অনেক কাজ করতে পারবি, আর এইটাই ডট নেটের একটা বড় সুবিধা। প্রচুর টুলিং সুবিধা শুধু মাত্র ডটনেটেই পা্ওয়া যায়।
BIT0112-Rokon
BIT0112-Rokon
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0220-Iftekhar Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:41 am

May be these suggestions are what we needed to start off web developing. A sequential way of doing it.

rep++ Rokon vai.
BIT0220-Iftekhar
BIT0220-Iftekhar
Administrator-RC

Course(s) :
  • BIT

http://iftekharunplugged.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0112-Rokon Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:36 am

I will write another post with learning resource asap. stay tuned.
BIT0112-Rokon
BIT0112-Rokon
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:20 am

Rokon,
The Entity thing was just an example. What I wanted to mean is, don't make people scared. People are loosing interest thinking MVC is necessary for Code Warriors Challenge. The truth is, nothing is wrong with Web Forms.
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0112-Rokon Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:57 am

good point Mohaimin. I'm sorry ..
BIT0112-Rokon
BIT0112-Rokon
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down