IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEED HELP TO INSTALL ADOBE IN UBUNTU OFFLINE

5 posters

Go down

NEED HELP TO INSTALL ADOBE IN UBUNTU OFFLINE Empty NEED HELP TO INSTALL ADOBE IN UBUNTU OFFLINE

Post by rahat Wed May 26, 2010 4:09 pm

I've been using UBUNTU for couple of months now...there's
some problem in updating new things. I need to install some of the adobe
software bt couldn't make it, cause I don't have any net line. So, I've
been looking for some solution...bt it ends like solutions like
installing wine. Now a new problem arise...as I don't have any net line,
how can I install wine in offline??? Moreover, wineHq provides a lot of
.deb files that makes me confused...which are required..which r not!!
and some .deb files shows error because of some platform thing....

All
I want is to install Adobe photoshop n illustrator in UBUNTU 9.10
without net connection...I need step-by-step instructions.

If
anyone can help me with this......

thnx.

rahat
Pre-Alpha Release
Pre-Alpha Release

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP TO INSTALL ADOBE IN UBUNTU OFFLINE Empty Re: NEED HELP TO INSTALL ADOBE IN UBUNTU OFFLINE

Post by BIT0104-ANIK Wed May 26, 2010 5:05 pm

ubuntu provides GIMP by default..may be that can satisfy your needs pretty well. i do not support using wine.. better you try virtual box. it's a software that allows you to run windows inside ubuntu. may be you could install photoshop in windows and then run it in ubuntu. Virtual box could be found in ubuntu repo.
BIT0104-ANIK
BIT0104-ANIK
Administrator
Administrator

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

http://anikstech.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP TO INSTALL ADOBE IN UBUNTU OFFLINE Empty Re: NEED HELP TO INSTALL ADOBE IN UBUNTU OFFLINE

Post by BIT0112-Rokon Wed May 26, 2010 5:13 pm

whats the problem with wine Anik?
BIT0112-Rokon
BIT0112-Rokon
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

http://blog.codexplo.org

Back to top Go down

Post by rahat Wed May 26, 2010 5:49 pm

Hey guys...I can't even "install" wine!!! Because of some platform problem that I don't know about!! Plz provide me some straight links and step-by-step instructions to do that OFFLINE!! Can u do me the favor?

rahat
Pre-Alpha Release
Pre-Alpha Release

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0111-muctadir Wed May 26, 2010 8:53 pm

well...
to install wine you have to get some archive from net. so, u need an internet connection either in your pc or any other pc from where you can download the archives. now the question is which archives you have to download. first of all you need a computer with ubuntu installed and connected with internet. i know that you have no internet connection, but may be you can use your friends computer. now, i will tell you how to install wine.

this process may brake your ubuntu dependency. so, consider this fact before you continue.
in your ubuntu goto System>Administration>Synaptic Package Manager. click the search button and search for wine. right click on wine and click mark for installation. this will show a message to mark some other packages too. just click mark. now click on file on the upper left corner of the window. click generate package download script. type a name(ex: wine) for the and save the file. try to save it in partitions other than ubuntu partition.

now take this file to a pc having internet connection and ubuntu installed. create a folder anywhere you want and name it wine. paste the file you generated in your computer. double click on the file and click run in terminal. this will open a terminal and start downloading files necessary to install wine. when the download is finished take the wine folder to your computer. open a terminal and using the cd command go into the wine folder and type this command
sudo dpkg -i *.deb

this should install wine in your ubuntu. i never used Adobe photoshop n illustrator in ubuntu. so i can't help you on that. but you may try it.
BIT0111-muctadir
BIT0111-muctadir
Expert
Expert

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Post by rahat Wed May 26, 2010 10:08 pm

Thnx muctadir... and really like ur status line Smile

rahat
Pre-Alpha Release
Pre-Alpha Release

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0111-muctadir Thu May 27, 2010 12:27 am

you are welcome... Very Happy
BIT0111-muctadir
BIT0111-muctadir
Expert
Expert

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0122-Amit Thu May 27, 2010 1:41 am

Smile Good to see that you are having a good time here Rahat.
Let us know if you face any more problems.

(Hey, here is a tips Neutral If you like someone's reply very much, like, more than anyone else's, then you should press the "Thanks" button under his post. You can only use it once per topic Wink )
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down