IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to kick Windows Virus Butt from Ubuntu : Terminal Style!

2 posters

Go down

How to kick Windows Virus Butt from Ubuntu : Terminal Style! Empty How to kick Windows Virus Butt from Ubuntu : Terminal Style!

Post by BIT0122-Amit Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Today, I realized that clamTK virus scanner GUI is nice looking frontend for Clam Antivirus. But that's not what I want. It doesn't give all the facilities i want.

For example, I scanned my pendrive today to find around 2000+ viruses (all of same category, they made an exe using the folder name.) and when I tried to select multiple viruses via clamTK scanner, i failed.

So.. I thought, maybe i should try scanning the virus via command line, and opened the manual page.

And it gave me exactly what i wanted.
I am going to show you how to move the virus files from pendrive to another folder. Yes, they can be deleted instantly while scanning, but that means some important files might be deleted as well, right? So, for now, we will be using the "move virus away from pendrive" style.

here is the command I used:
Code:

clamscan -r --move=/home/lordamit/Desktop/viruses /media/AMIT/
And it moved all the 2000+ viruses automatically to the Viruses folder in my Ubuntu Desktop, leaving a clean pendrive for me Very Happy
How to kick Windows Virus Butt from Ubuntu : Terminal Style! Screen10

I am suggesting you to go thought the manual page of clam antivirus for advanced usage.
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to kick Windows Virus Butt from Ubuntu : Terminal Style! Empty Re: How to kick Windows Virus Butt from Ubuntu : Terminal Style!

Post by BIT0108-mostafa Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:08 am

can you just make your terminal a non transparent one before giving the screenshot??????? It is easier to read then Razz
BIT0108-mostafa
BIT0108-mostafa
Release Candidate
Release Candidate

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

How to kick Windows Virus Butt from Ubuntu : Terminal Style! Empty Re: How to kick Windows Virus Butt from Ubuntu : Terminal Style!

Post by BIT0122-Amit Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:57 am

erm.. I think it looks cool.. and it is showing some of the virus exes i have moved away from pendrive.
yeah Neutral the blue ones Neutral
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down