IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gmail Trick

Go down

Gmail Trick Empty Gmail Trick

Post by BIT0122-Amit Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:18 am

Tonight I fell in a strange problem. As many of you know, lordamitsjunkmail@gmail.com is my spam receiving id. I use it to register in sites where I feel no one needs to contact me for valid reasons, as well as some other sites where I keep track of history of ever single updates.(something like a database, you know.. someone does something which gives me a feedback, but then that person decides to deleted that something.. I can still view it. Nifty, eh? )

So.. I was shocked to see that in my mail box, there were 3195 mails!!! I started to mark them as read.. slowly, but carefully, from the last page. however, I was once again surprised to see that after i came to the first page, there was still about 60 mails unread!! I must've somehow missed some mails.

I thought.. "crap... 60 pages of mail going through again? no way!!! lets ask Google sir's advice." what I found is an interesting strategy.

Google uses the label 'read' for read messages, the label 'unread' messages for unread messages, and so on.

After that, I searched using the word "label:unread" (without the " " marks of course) and all the unread mails appeared instantly Very Happy

then.. I simply clicked on mark:unread, and started marking them as read again.
Hopefully, you will need this trick too, if you receive a lot of mails!
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down