IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Materials regarding Bash Scripting

2 posters

Go down

Help Materials regarding Bash Scripting Empty Help Materials regarding Bash Scripting

Post by BIT0122-Amit Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:07 pm

Course Code: 401
Course Name: Operating System

I think this will come handy for you-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Geez. I told you guys before, just search here when you need something. Chances are, we have already provided it.
One question though. Will you leave enough things behind for the sake of your junior batches?

If not, then maybe we have to reconsider our decision of leaving things behind as well perhaps.

Also, some of you said you could not program well due to lack of auto completion features. There are two methods.

1. Manually setup Vim, one of the legendary terminal based editors. I personally liked it very much.
2. Use gedit snippets, created by me. The snippets were created thinking that some might prefer gedit to vim. So I made the snippets similar to vim, for gedit. The snippets and instructions are available here-

Of course, you need to prepare your gedit for programming to do that.

One thing. Bash Scripting is very powerful because of its OS oriented nature. I have created ZoomDial, sleeper, incremental download manager just by using bash script. (nope, I didn't create the software behind them. But I created the method of controlling those software in a much more convenient way.) So, I have some experience, more or less.

Why I said those? I am planning to arrange a voice meeting with some of you at a random night. So make sure you have Skype installed. I am not sure when I will be able to, but I will certainly try.

BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Help Materials regarding Bash Scripting Empty Re: Help Materials regarding Bash Scripting

Post by BIT0122-Amit Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:01 pm

Why I said those? I am planning to arrange a voice meeting with some of you at a random night. So make sure you have Skype installed. I am not sure when I will be able to, but I will certainly try.

I am taking that back. I realized that none of you are interested. Or even if you are, you expect me to start sending personal emails/mic around your neighborhood so that you can know about it. But lets face it, I won't go to your home to teach you things. It is you who should be interested in learning and seeking chances.

And as you already realized, you just missed the chance.
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Help Materials regarding Bash Scripting Empty Re: Help Materials regarding Bash Scripting

Post by BIT0220-Iftekhar Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Amit ভাই wrote:
I am taking that back. I realized that none of you are interested. Or even if you are, you expect me to start sending personal emails/mic around your neighborhood so that you can know about it. But lets face it, I won't go to your home to teach you things. It is you who should be interested in learning and seeking chances.

And as you already realized, you just missed the chance.
Can I know the reason why you are holding back? I actually missed this topic earlier. Just found the bash guide today. Rolling Eyes

I mean,did anyone ask you to make a zoomdial for his/her ultra modem? Or any other reason?
BIT0220-Iftekhar
BIT0220-Iftekhar
Administrator-RC

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

http://iftekharunplugged.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0122-Amit Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:17 am

13 August to 16 September, don't you think I waited a bit too long?

I mentioned Zoomdial(and others) to express that I have experience to work using Bash Script, and any of you are willing, I can discuss about it(Bash Scripting, not ZoomDial) at skype.
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down