IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems setting up MySQL server

3 posters

Go down

PHP Problems setting up MySQL server

Post by bit0222-muttakin Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Greetings everyone,
This is Muttakin, BIT-0222. I have been facing a problem since i am trying to set up MySQL sever in my IIT PC. I installed XAMPP server without ant dilemma in my laptop(windows 7 64 bit), but when i tried to install it in my IIT PC, i could install it successfully, but an error occurs which says MySQL server cant be used because the special port for it(3306) is pre-occupied. When i tried to run MySQL through a browsr, this following page is shown.

Problems setting up MySQL server C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop

This problem is bothering me so much, as i cant solve this shit anyhow.(sorry for the language, but i am so frustrated....:/:/:/)....so i am looking forward to have your immediate help.Oh, one thing, i also tried WAMP server, but the result is the same.

bit0222-muttakin
Pre-Alpha Release
Pre-Alpha Release

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

PHP Re: Problems setting up MySQL server

Post by BIT0122-Amit Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:53 am

which following page? Neutral

I can not see any page. are you supposed to insert an screenshot there? or phpcode? if it is code, please use the code tag.

Also, you said you tried to run MySQL using browser. Do you mean via localhost/phpmyadmin ?

Lastly, the possible reason you are seeing this is because there is another application which is keeping your 3306 port occupied. You can change settings so that MySQL uses another port. Or you can scan your ports and then turn off that application before trying to start MySQL.

To find out which application is using which port, open cmd, type this command:

Code:
netstat -aon | findstr :3306

This will show one or maybe more rows. There are several columns including Protocol, IP:Port. Find out the column that includes ":3306", and the last column is your process ID. Suppose, it is 3536.

Now to find out which Process is using that Process ID-
Code:
tasklist  | findstr Process ID
like this-
Code:
tasklist | findstr 3536

it will show the name of the process at the first column.
then post all those outputs here.
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bit0223-sujon Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:57 am

topic moved to the section 'Ask for help' as it is about a problem and someone is asking for help to get a solution.

Last edited by BIT0220-Iftekhar on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : replaced the words 'topic replaced' with the words 'topic moved')

bit0223-sujon
Global Moderator-RC

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down