IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My favourite puzzles games

4 posters

Go down

My favourite puzzles games Empty My favourite puzzles games

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Tue May 31, 2011 1:43 am

I love to play simple 2D puzzle games a lot. Here, I am listing some of my favourite puzzles. All these puzzles are available in the Ubuntu repository so you can find them in the software centre. I am not giving any description of the games because descriptions are available in the web and software centre. I am trying to explain the difficulty level and provide some tips to solve the puzzles easily.

Berusky

One of the hardest puzzles I have ever seen. After completing two or three levels, you will get some cheat codes. I will suggest not to try them, proceed on your own and have fun.
I don't have any tips because I am not very good at this one. The only thing I can say is: more than one head working together will make this puzzle easier. So, be with your friends.

Mines/Minesweeper

This game is provided with both Ubuntu and Windows distributions, so should be familiar to most. Some people finds this puzzle to be dull only because they never tried to explore this.
There are three sizes of the minefields. You need to be very very careful to explore a large size minefield. Often you will find no way to be sure about the next move, but most of the time a deeper observation may help you to find a clue.
The small size is almost always solvable, the challenge is the timing: how fast you can detect all the mines.
The medium size is the combination of the two.

Pingus Windows version is available

This is my favourite. Not so hard, requires a lot of observations. Play the tutorial first to understand the game. The development was incomplete. There are many levels but only few are linked to the GUI. The package downloads all the levels so you can play those levels by linking manually.
The game is entirely managed by mouse and with a laptop touch-pad the game can become disgusting. Try to manage a mouse.
There are a way to make the game easy. Find yourself what it is. It will not make the levels easier for you, nor will solve any problem for you. Just will make sure that you click in the right place in the right.
Like Berusky, this game is also good to be played with friends.

Pipewalker

Another wonderful puzzle. There are four different sizes of the puzzle board. Make sure that you start with the smallest one. Otherwise, there is possibility that you will not be able to solve a single problem.

Continuous failure usually makes a puzzle boring. However, a bit of experience will reveal a lot of tricks for you. If you love brain work, give these puzzles a try. I believe you will like them.
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

My favourite puzzles games Empty Re: My favourite puzzles games

Post by BIT0129-Tabassum Tue May 31, 2011 2:52 am

I played Minesweeper Smile

You are right, first it seemed to be boring and very easy..but it's interesting if we think carefully while playing Wink
BIT0129-Tabassum
BIT0129-Tabassum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : A+

http://probe-tabassum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0107-Toma Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:02 am

I like pipewalker Smile
BIT0107-Toma
BIT0107-Toma
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0220-Iftekhar Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:05 am

Nice post Mohaimin vai. A rep++

I've tried only one of the above so far. That is the minesweeper. I've tried it on both the platform. And you are right. Minesweeper appeared pretty easy to me initially. But some days back,one of my brothers showed me some techniques to dig the mines out of it and escape. Quite tricky game it is.

It seems to me that the rest of those worth a try too. So I will try them shortly. And my experiences will be shared right here. Wink
BIT0220-Iftekhar
BIT0220-Iftekhar
Administrator-RC

Course(s) :
  • BIT

http://iftekharunplugged.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down