IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Javadoc Search Engine 1.0

3 posters

Go down

Java Javadoc Search Engine 1.0

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:05 pm

I was thinking of something like this since long. Finally I made it last night.

I believe we all need to take help from javadoc. Easiest way is to visit the oracle website. But why should I do that when I have javadoc installed in my PC!
So, I used to go to the javadoc location: "/usr/share/doc/openjdk-6-doc/" and find the doc file.
But that location is too far! Moreover, you need to know the package names to find the class you are looking for. So I decided to write a program that will help me to quick find the javadoc of a class.

I tested my app in Ubuntu 10.10. However, it should work in other environments also.

Prereqisites

1. Of course, JRE is the first thing you need.

2. Then, javadoc. If you are in Linux environment, type the following command in terminal.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install openjdk-6-doc
    Javadoc does not depend on which jdk you have installed. For either open or sun, you have to install openjdk doc.

3. A browser. I believe you have that. My program uses firefox as default one. You can change it. Telling you in letter section how to do that.

Configuration

There is a configuration file in the project directory named "jdocSearch.conf". There are two things you need to configure. browser and the javadoc location. The open the file to learn what to do with that.

How the app work

A window containing a text field appears when the program starts. Enter a class name in the text field and press enter. If the class name is valid, javadoc will be opened in your preferred browser.

Please note that this is a quick made version just to make it work and is much incomplete. If let me know if you think something more should be added.

Download
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Java Re: Javadoc Search Engine 1.0

Post by BIT0122-Amit Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:51 pm

weird... The download page loads, but it times out when I click on download.
My internet connection provider(qubee) is apparently having trouble connecting to many domains of Google. (For example, blog spot).

Anyway, for things like this, I strongly suggest to upload them in code.google.com Very Happy

A screenshot or two (thumbnails) also make the project presentation look better Very Happy
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:01 pm

BIT0122-Amit wrote:weird... The download page loads, but it times out when I click on download.
My internet connection provider(qubee) is apparently having trouble connecting to many domains of Google. (For example, blog spot).

Anyway, for things like this, I strongly suggest to upload them in code.google.com Very Happy

A screenshot or two (thumbnails) also make the project presentation look better Very Happy

No screenshots because the project is too small and the ui has nothing more than a text field.

Thanks for the code.google suggestion. I will see that.
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0107-Toma Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:29 am

Nice thing Very Happy rep++
BIT0107-Toma