IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIT02: 32bitALU circuit

2 posters

Go down

BIT02: 32bitALU circuit Empty BIT02: 32bitALU circuit

Post by BIT0216-Habib Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:24 pm

I am here to show you how to make a 32bit ALU circuit. Tahrima madam showed it in the previous class. Here we need logical operator AND, OR, NOT, an arithmetic Adder(later we use it to perform subtract) as well as two Multiplexer. One multiplexer will be used to select in case of Add/Subtract and it will be of one bit. Another will be used to select which logical operator will be performed(AND/OR/ NOT/ an arithmetic Adder). This time select will be of 2bit. All data bit of input/output will be of 32bit. You can get multiplexer from left panel of logicsim.

Though madam told us to make firstly a 32bit adder form individual 8 full 4bit adder(4*8=32bit). You will be very happy to know that you can get a 32bit adder from Arithmetic which located at the left panel of logicsim.

I think everything is ok without subtraction. I am little bit confused whether the subtracting part is working correctly or not. If anyone can identify please let me know whats wrong with this circuit .

Click here to download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BIT0216-Habib
BIT0216-Habib
Administrator-RC

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

Back to top Go down

BIT02: 32bitALU circuit Empty Re: BIT02: 32bitALU circuit

Post by BIT0122-Amit Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Hmm.... Can you please mention if there is any software needed to use your file?
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0216-Habib Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:59 am

ya, we use logisim-win-2.6.2.exe to make such type of circuit. Tahrima madam provided us that software which is built in java. I also made this circuit using that software.
BIT0216-Habib
BIT0216-Habib
Administrator-RC

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down