IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Java EE vs .Net???

4 posters

Go down

Java EE vs .Net??? Empty Java EE vs .Net???

Post by BIT0101-rayhan Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:07 am

Which is better??? Java or .Net???
Well, it is one of the most commonly question in the enterprise application development. As, both .Net and Java has become significantly opensource in nature and suitable massive large enterprise development, Microsoft says I am the best, Oracle says the opposite, the reality is different....

This link below can help you understand this...
java vs .Net
BIT0101-rayhan
BIT0101-rayhan
Release Candidate
Release Candidate

Back to top Go down

Java EE vs .Net??? Empty Re: Java EE vs .Net???

Post by BIT0112-Rokon Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:46 pm

I should work with both .Net and Java, before any comment.
as Im currently working on Java, and I have very soft corner on Java, I should say, Java is the best. But I've decided to be a technology explorer, so I will work on .net very soon and I wont use thats type of word, this one is best, or this one not good at all.

But here I can say only, every technology has some shortcomings. So we should rather know both of them and choose one depending on problem domain. For say, when security gets higher priority, Java the is best choice here.

and One thing, Microsoft is doing really really good job, they are trying Developer life so easy and the same time some of us (specially beginners) loosing their potentials.

BIT0112-Rokon
BIT0112-Rokon
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

http://blog.codexplo.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0130-Shakkhor Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:59 am

Personally, I have a fear with Java. Both of them have comparable features and both can be used for doing the same thing with same elegance and quality and all. But Java an Oracle standard. They are allowed to do whatever they want with Java. True, Sun once liberated Java, and they promised to respect the community feature requests, but I'm not sure Oracle will do the same (after the OpenOffice.org thingy).

.NET on the other hand, isn't a Microsoft standard. It's a ISO standard and like the C/C++ or other ISO standards, it guarantees consistency. The other .NET implementations (dotGNU, Mono Project) are pretty good too.

So if I ever want to be a developer (which i won't be, even in my worst nightmare), I'd go for .NET.
BIT0130-Shakkhor
BIT0130-Shakkhor
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:35 pm

I dont think I am eligible to answer, "which one is better?" It should be decided by bigger guys, who have long time experience. A programming language has a lot of issues of which I have no idea. I only know which one is comfortable for me. Again, if the comfortability question comes in case of Java vs .Net, I cant say anything. Because I have not worked with .Net.

However, I have heard that .Net is built based on java. In that case, .Net is supposed to facilitate something more than java. In that case, .Net should be easier to use.
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down