IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

some suggestions to the admin

4 posters

Go down

some suggestions to the admin Empty some suggestions to the admin

Post by BIT0112-Rokon Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:26 am

I think, there should be a option to quit user account like subscribe/unsubscribe option. and the same time, users should be given the privilege to delete there own post if s/he thinks its gonna be unnecessary or already lost its importance. User should be given more privileges like they can do some spaming when they lose their temper even they can hack the admin password. :p if it would be a self hosted forum, I would like to suggest the admin to set permission 777 for all the files of this forum. again :p

oh yes, its more important to ensure democracy here.

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Edit:
I think, I need to clear one thing. First two ideas are relevant here and last two's are simply a bad joke. I think sak got it.

Last edited by bit0112-rokon on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:45 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:)
BIT0112-Rokon
BIT0112-Rokon
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

http://blog.codexplo.org

Back to top Go down

some suggestions to the admin Empty Re: some suggestions to the admin

Post by BIT0122-Amit Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Ouch..
my eyes hurt, thanks to too many.,. banners of LOLs Neutral Neutral

1. I think, there should be a option to quit user account like subscribe/unsubscribe option.

That can be arranged :/ Primarily, we suggest stop logging in, and then un-subscribing from all threads which can be set through the profile preferences.

2. and the same time, users should be given the privilege to delete there own post if s/he thinks its gonna be unnecessary or already lost its importance.

you mean call someone an idiot, and then delete it before an admin sees it? No chance!!
Use the report button instead :/

3. User should be given more privileges like they can do some spaming when they lose their temper even they can hack the admin password.

There is the flame zone for spamming, bitch fight, flame war.. etcetera etcetera.
And there is the experiment lab where they can feel the almighty admin power!!
Before they hack, I will willingly give them admin power if and only if they prove to be... mature enough Very Happy

4. if it would be a self hosted forum, I would like to suggest the admin to set permission 777 for all the files of this forum.

oh you mean the ..ahem.. NSFW video files, right? Wink sure sure.... Anyone can upload then Wink
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:50 pm

you mean call someone an idiot, and then delete it before an admin sees it? No chance!!

Thats absolutely a lame excuse. U better display a banner somewhere: "If someone calls you stupid, and delete that post, admins will not take responsibility".
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:53 pm

I would like to suggest the admin to set permission 777 for all the files of this forum.

Bad idea indeed. It could be very possible if the users were limited to IIT where everyone knows others personally. But this is not the case.
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:01 pm

That can be arranged :/ Primarily, we suggest stop logging in, and then un-subscribing from all threads which can be set through the profile preferences.

Thats not what we call disabling an account. Its like, you want to suicide, instead you stop visiting people.

Last edited by BIT0102-Mohaimin on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : There is a reason.)
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0122-Amit Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:08 pm

Stop triple posting dude, you should use the multiple quote button sometimes.

try to type everything in a single post.

BIT0102-Mohaimin wrote:

That's absolutely a lame excuse. U better display a banner somewhere: "If someone calls you stupid, and delete that post, admins will not take responsibility".

lame excuse?
Doubt that. let the admins and moderators decide which post stays which post doesn't. Calling someone an idiot is just a lame example, but excuse?

I wonder, if you post some nude pictures, and that happens to be deleted just before any admin/moderator sees, who will be the victims?

There can be a thousand cases like this. International forums didn't make rules out of nowhere.

Anyway, There is also a very crucial reason.

Each post acts as an naming anchor, where as each anchors are numerical integer. They are incremented per post. and if you delete one, all the post posts are decremented. Which means, if someone refers to a specific post using anchor, each time a post is deleted, he needs to edit that or possible, those posts.
If you agree to the condition that you will solely be responsible for each anchor editing whenever a post is deleted, I might allow it Smile

Otherwise, use the report button, and let the admin/moderators handle it.

Or you can use the edit button to delete everything you typed.

BIT0102-Mohaimin wrote:
I would like to suggest the admin to set permission 777 for all the files of this forum.

Bad idea indeed. It could be very possible if the users were limited to IIT where everyone knows others personally. But this is not the case.

>.>
you don't get jokes, do you?

Thats not what we call disabling an account. Its like, you want to suicide, instead you stop visiting people.

You quoted the part
That can be arranged
But you only noticed the primary option, right?

Well said!!! I knew you would think that way.
If you knew, then whats the point of shouting that you knew? I don't remember telling that you didn't know.

Admin has all power over the forum considering that he may destruct the forum anytime as well, but read my signature before pointing fingers.
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0130-Shakkhor Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:20 pm

bit0112-rokon wrote:I think, there should be a option to quit user account like subscribe/unsubscribe option
Yes, there should be. Personally, i think not having the option is like forcing someone to eat craapy chinese food lol!
I'll talk with the other moderators (considering amit's vote is a "no") on this issue.
bit0112-rokon wrote:users should be given the privilege to delete there own post if s/he thinks its gonna be unnecessary or already lost its importance.
From my point of view, It's a good idea. Because for the moderators, It's sometimes difficult to track all the posts. But there's some technical problems with this, which amit already mentioned. Usually, it's a forum convention that only moderators can delete posts. If the post is unnecessary, the user can always edit it Smile
bit0112-rokon wrote:User should be given more privileges like they can do some spaming when they lose their temper even they can hack the admin password
haha, that's the worst idea in the history of bad ideas lol!
bit0112-rokon wrote:if it would be a self hosted forum, I would like to suggest the admin to set permission 777 for all the files of this forum
this is actually is the second worst idea in the history of bad ideas lol!

Finally, I have two proposals. First one is, the forum looks bloated. So Some of the irrelevant sections will be removed. The other one is, I'll resign after the removal of sections. This is because i don't get to work on this forum too much. So I'll propose Anik (Hasan Iqbal) and Rokon for the next admin candidates, considering their vast knowledge in PHP.
BIT0130-Shakkhor
BIT0130-Shakkhor
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0122-Amit Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:29 pm

BIT0130-Shakkhor wrote:
Yes, there should be. Personally, i think not having the option is like forcing someone to eat craapy chinese food lol!
I'll talk with the other moderators (considering amit's vote is a "no") on this issue.

*looks in disbelief*
o.O
You too?
uh.. I said that can be arranged, which actually means that it can be implemented :/ but you figure out howto then :/

BIT0130-Shakkhor wrote:
Finally, I have two proposals. First one is, the forum looks bloated. So Some of the irrelevant sections will be removed. The other one is, I'll resign after the removal of sections. This is because i don't get to work on this forum too much. So I'll propose Anik (Hasan Iqbal) and Rokon for the next admin candidates, considering their vast knowledge in PHP.

Sections be removed or integrated? :O

About the admin candidates, I have no objection. But I object your resigning.. yet :/ Because you owe the forum too much, and forum needs your calm and soothing and... lunatic appearance in case of a nasty storm :/

Because you know ... while you remain calm in nasty situations, I get nastier and bring down the hammer :/
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0130-Shakkhor Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:42 pm

BIT0102-Mohaimin wrote:Its like, you want to suicide, instead you stop visiting people
Yeah, then our admin will go to jail, or maybe face a death penalty for encouraging a suicide lol!
But yes, i like not-having-the-option-food as much as i like chinese food Razz
BIT0122-Amit wrote:but you figure out howto then
Why do you think i want new admins? Twisted Evil
BIT0122-Amit wrote:Sections be removed or integrated?
Remove some, integrate others. Based on content.
BIT0122-Amit wrote:forum needs your calm and soothing and... lunatic appearance in case of a nasty storm
jotil koisos man Cool i like it Cool

Well, the point is, i won't be working in the backend anymore Sleep because Anik and Rokon are better person for that. So i don't need to be admin.
BIT0130-Shakkhor
BIT0130-Shakkhor
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0122-Amit Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:00 pm

Whoever the new admin becomes, I have one simple condition.

He/she/they have to train the 2nd batch, pull them to this forum, whether it is by their ears or bribe them, or by hypnotizing I don't care (almost like what I did to you guys) and choose one of them as admin Cool!

Oh and yeah :/ he has to login frequently so that I get a chance to become lazier Very Happy Very Happy frustrated

BTW :/ should not power be given through ladder?

I mean, candidates should be at first made moderator, then co-admin, and then finally, admin?

I object about the forum's title though.
it says to the admin, it should be admins :/ :/ Make Sak work damn it

Edit:
I just remembered.
Imagine this scnenario.
Rayhan slanged a member of the forum without censoring his words and making them as vulgar as possible.
And consider this, Mohaimin happened to see his post before me, and decided to reply. After he replied, Rayhan decided to delete his post.

Now you tell me, what proof do we have to ban him? Very Happy
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:33 pm

@Amit
Did I say something about the almighty thing? Wink

BIT0122-Amit wrote:
Edit:
I just remembered.
Imagine this scnenario.
Rayhan slanged a member of the forum without censoring his words and making them as vulgar as possible.
And consider this, Mohaimin happened to see his post before me, and decided to reply. After he replied, Rayhan decided to delete his post.

Now you tell me, what proof do we have to ban him? Very Happy

I argue, what if he edited his post, removed the vulgar words??!!
Exactly the same thing I did with my comment about "almighty". You may talk about the notification about the edition. Then there should be something similar in case of deleting. Its just a suggestion. I have no idea about feasibility.
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0122-Amit Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:44 pm

When you edit a post, the other users can see that it was edited. as well as how many times.

Last edited by BIT0102-Mohaimin on Wed 8 Sep 2010 - 15:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : There is a reason.)

Maybe you can not see it, but I can.

yeah, editing is not fool proof, which is why there is an option called "turn off editing" for all members.

Also, a time limit can also be implied.

some suggestions to the admin Screen11

I decided not to implement any of them because of two simple reasons.

I believe that you won't do something as childish as eating your own words.
I believe that you won't abuse here.

Edit:
BTW, I almost forgot Smile
before suggesting something, better check the FAQ Smile
Forumotion does not allow any user to delete his/her post when someone replies. Smile

Click on FAQ in the navigation bar if you do not believe me.
or you can read the rule here.

Unless you are the board admin or forum moderator you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post (sometimes for only a limited time after it was made) by clicking the edit button for the relevant post. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic that lists the number of times you edited it. This will only appear if no one has replied; it also will not appear if moderators or administrators edit the post (they should leave a message saying what they altered and why). Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.

So, like I said, forumotion agrees with me about the technical difficulties. and etcetera etcetera
And it is not possible to alter.

Now I wonder... whether users should be allowed to edit the posts Cool! Devilish

or shall I impose a time limit Cool!

Edit2:
I would like to request Mohaimin, and everyone to refrain from double or triple posting.

Also, I would like to thank Mohaimin for being apparently normal and logical as well as intelligent as he used to be in second post compared to the flame posts he managed to post earlier.

Congrats and welcome back Smile

I enjoy a valid debate more than anything, in case you don't know Very Happy
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:08 am

@Amit:

Maybe you can not see it, but I can.
Please read my post again. I have mentioned that I can see and I left a suggestion.

Sorry for that I did not read the whole reply of yours. Its too big.
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:11 am

Sorry for double posting again. And also sorry for bothering the admins with invalid suggestions.
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0122-Amit Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:33 am

I think I should include some slangs then Neutral You happen to read and criticize each and every word in such cases Laughing

Anyway, if you managed to read the post, you would have noticed that I am asking for your opinion about the implementation of two available options which are related to your suggestion Smile

But then again, it is something you want. I tried to discuss.. if you do not continue the discussion, I can not help Smile
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:52 pm

I have withdrawn my support for the suggestion and have no more comment for/against anything related to this forum.
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0122-Amit Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:08 pm

:/ why don't you get it that your suggestion was pretty much valid and because of the in-feasibility of deleting a post, I can not implement it?

And as a post can be edited, and can contain harmful messages, there can be some limitations which can be imposed on editing, whereas I am asking which limitation or whether all those limitations should be applied?

Sheesh... people are so immature these days bounce
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content