IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some firefox plug-ins for typing Bengali

Go down

Very Important! Read this! Some firefox plug-ins for typing Bengali

Post by BIT0122-Amit Fri May 21, 2010 1:01 am

Hi Very Happy
I have gone through the available Firefox plugins for typing Bengali and I am impressed with 3 of them. (there are 5 in total, including one obsolete one -_-! )
Anyway, these 3 are:

1. pramukh type pad
2. Lipikar
3. Google Transliteration

now, though all of them supports phonetic typing, the first two options are somewhat.. different to users who are used to using avro.
For example, to type
"এইসব কি হচ্ছে? "

I found great difficulty using pramukh. You have to press F12 to switch between English and your preferable language. But when I tried to type this in pramukh, I got confused about how to type that "হচ্ছে". I didn't find any way :p

now, in lipikar, you can enable it by clicking on its icon in status bar.
then you have to type:

EIsb ki hcxcce?

to display this:

এইসব কি হচ্হে?

So, in case of যুক্তাক্ষর you have to type an x for combining. pretty complex, but not as complex as pramukh.
now, the winner.

Google Transliteration!!!
This one is perfect. in whatever type-able field, (except the location bar and address field as far as I am concerned) it shows a small box like this:

Some firefox plug-ins for typing Bengali Screen12

And trust me. This little box impressed me beyond anything!! I was totally awed. Why? Because I wasn't expecting this plugin to be THIS MUCH good. I was not even sure about trying out this plugin at first!!

When you want to type Bengali, just check the box (you can do it by clicking or pressing ctrl g ), and when you type, it shows you English. Then it accurately translates it to Bengali right in front of your eyes!! What a Face
so, to type

এইসব কি হচ্ছে?

you need to type simply

eisob ki hocche?
or
esob ki hocche?

I love this Very Happy I think this one is even better than Avro!!!
BTW, you need to turn off the WYSIWYG button in forum when you want to see the language option box. (it looks like A/A)
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down