IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

make new gp modems(huawei e1550) working with ubuntu

2 posters

Go down

make new gp modems(huawei e1550) working with ubuntu Empty make new gp modems(huawei e1550) working with ubuntu

Post by BIT0111-muctadir Sat May 08, 2010 3:30 pm

my new gp modem was not working with ubuntu 10.04. but it was working ok with windows. this is a bug of ubuntu 10.04. it cant recognize huawei wireless broadband devices. all you have to do is,
sudo apt-get install usb-modeswitch
sudo modprobe option

if you are interested see this (post number 32).
BIT0111-muctadir
BIT0111-muctadir
Expert
Expert

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

make new gp modems(huawei e1550) working with ubuntu Empty Re: make new gp modems(huawei e1550) working with ubuntu

Post by BIT0122-Amit Mon May 10, 2010 4:54 pm

I went through this posts just now Smile

Neutral Interested posting the man(manual) text of usb-modeswitch and modprobe which explains(not necessarily the entire manual, just the summary) what does what?

I am not exactly interested to install these packages right now Razz
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

make new gp modems(huawei e1550) working with ubuntu Empty Re: make new gp modems(huawei e1550) working with ubuntu

Post by BIT0111-muctadir Sat May 15, 2010 2:55 am

the first command makes ur pc recognize ur usb stick and the second command manages that manually. and you don't need to install this if you are not having problem with ur modem. this is a bug fix.
BIT0111-muctadir
BIT0111-muctadir
Expert
Expert

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down