IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mount problem and automatically mount all drives on startup....

2 posters

Go down

mount problem and automatically mount all drives on startup.... Empty mount problem and automatically mount all drives on startup....

Post by BIT0111-muctadir Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:20 pm

in linux based operating system, to access into a drive it is necessary to mount the drive. sometimes it makes things complicated and causes many problem to the user. to avoid these problems i advice to use ex3 file system for the partition in which the os is installed...

there are several applications through which the mounting problems can be solved in some case. one of them is ntfs-config for ntfs file systems. to install it in your system just input the following commands in terminal.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ntfs-config
gksudo ntfs-config

the last command is to open the application.
BIT0111-muctadir
BIT0111-muctadir
Expert
Expert

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

mount problem and automatically mount all drives on startup.... Empty Re: mount problem and automatically mount all drives on startup....

Post by BIT0122-Amit Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:14 pm

So, how will we use it?
I installed it.Ran it, and it shows a screen that allowes me to change the mount name for the ntfs drives. After clicking on apply, it shows another screen with two options. One is for external devices, the other for internal. And the internal can't be selected.

mount problem and automatically mount all drives on startup.... Screen10

Is this supposed to happen?
edit:

Ok I got it.
Though I am not sure what happened. because I didn't do anything different second time, but I check marked all drives, named them, and then the 2nd screen offered both options available.

Lets see what happens after I restart Wink
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

mount problem and automatically mount all drives on startup.... Empty Re: mount problem and automatically mount all drives on startup....

Post by BIT0122-Amit Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:45 pm

update: Well.. the files are auto updated.
But I still have the Importing playlist problem.
And guess what? I found that I actually installed ubuntu in ext4 :s

Edit:

Don't have any problem importing playlist in auto mode now Very Happy
thanks muctadir Very Happy
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down