IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pendrive Virus : jwgkvsq.vmx in RECYCLER

Go down

Pendrive Virus : jwgkvsq.vmx in RECYCLER Empty Pendrive Virus : jwgkvsq.vmx in RECYCLER

Post by BIT0122-Amit Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:47 pm

well, today i faced a strange problem. Generally, in most cases, if you kill explorer.exe and then force delete autorun.inf in your pendrive, you can remove the RECYCLER folder with ease. However, at IIT Lab today, i was not able to do so.
it kept saying that there was some jwgkvsq.vmx in folder RECYCLER due to which it can't delete the folder.
Now, autorun.inf could be removed perfectly using pendrive immunizer, however, the folder recycler using command line or manually.. is simply.. out of my reach.
So, I studied for some time, and realized that jwgkvsq.vmx falls under the conflicker / kido catagory.
In that case, you can simply use Kido Killer provided by kaspersky labs to kill the virus Smile
Also, if you want to know more, you can go to these links below:

Link 1
Link 2

Also, you can use KillBox to delete the RECYCLER folder from your pendrive forcefully, but that won't remove the virus.

You can also use MoSo Force Delete (which looks better than killBox) to force remove the folder.
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down