IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artificial Intelligence: A Teaser Trailer

5 posters

Go down

Artificial Intelligence: A Teaser Trailer Empty Artificial Intelligence: A Teaser Trailer

Post by Kabir-IIT Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:01 am

Dear 1st batch,

Let me start by saying that I'm very excited to have the opportunity to take your Artificial Intelligence (AI) class next semester. AI is arguably the most challenging and definitely the most interesting subject in Computer Science and Information Technology. And although I can't claim that I'm any good at it, it is my premier field of interest for future doctoral research. And to be able to teach AI to the best bunch of students I've had in my career is truly something to look forward to.

I've been studying and planning for this course for a couple of months, trying to make sure I get all the areas covered while keeping in mind your busy study schedules for other courses. Its not a very easy task, AI is a huge field (when I say huge, I mean HUGE) with lots of subfields, along with topics that overlap with other subjects (Philosophy, Biology, Cognitive Science, Linguistics to name a few, not to mention our old friends Math and Stat). But by trimming down the cumbersome and less necessary parts, hopefully I can come up with a feasible syllabus. To use a food analogy, we want to have a tasty dish with all the nutrients but with low fat and carbohydrate Very Happy

Inshallah the method of conducting the course will be very different from what you've seen so far. We'll have videos, we'll read about latest research, we'll have debates, and we'll even have a movie festival. We'll also have supplementary classes that won't count towards your syllabus but only serve to stir up your interest. I'll try my best to make you feel as passionate about AI as I do myself. But the success of the course will heavily depend on you as well. I need your active and fervent participation, and I'm sure I'll get it.

I hope I can give you a good tour of the wonderful world of AI. I can just promise you one thing. This won't be just another course Wink

Kabir
Kabir-IIT
Kabir-IIT
Alpha Release
Alpha Release

Course(s) :
  • N/A

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Artificial Intelligence: A Teaser Trailer Empty Re: Artificial Intelligence: A Teaser Trailer

Post by BIT0122-Amit Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:11 am

I can already feel that it is going to be different judging by the excitement and interest you have been showing Sir.

Good luck, to all of us Very Happy
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Artificial Intelligence: A Teaser Trailer Empty Re: Artificial Intelligence: A Teaser Trailer

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:55 pm

May of us have HUGE interest in AI. I hope we will have a nice Not another course Very Happy
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0104-ANIK Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:46 pm

With your direction, we are prepared to do something noteworthy.
BIT0104-ANIK
BIT0104-ANIK
Administrator
Administrator

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

http://anikstech.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0220-Iftekhar Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:28 pm

can't wait to get into 6th semester and go through the excitement in AI. Very Happy
BIT0220-Iftekhar
BIT0220-Iftekhar
Administrator-RC

Course(s) :
  • BIT

http://iftekharunplugged.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kabir-IIT Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:32 pm

Thanks Amit, Mohaimin and Anik for joining in with your support Smile

Iftekhar ... My supplementary lectures will be open for 2nd batch students as well. You can attend them if you want Smile
Kabir-IIT
Kabir-IIT
Alpha Release
Alpha Release

Course(s) :
  • N/A

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down