IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Questions regarding Internship report

+2
BIT0111-muctadir
BIT0120-ধ্রুব
6 posters

Go down

Some Questions regarding Internship report Empty Some Questions regarding Internship report

Post by BIT0120-ধ্রুব Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:34 pm

I have some confusions with some issues about internship report. I would be grateful if anyone pay a little attention and try to clarify me about those issues.

1. What should we write at "Submitted To" ? Is it the director or the BIT program chair or the BIT program office ?

2. Should we include the term "Through" in the "Letter of Transmittal" ?

3. Normally internship is done under a faculty member. Is there anyone in case of us ?

4. What should be the target factor in documentation ? is it project works or personal achievement (such as qualities. it may technical or management type) or the culture of company ?

5. We have to submit the initial draft within 30th. Is it essential to attach our supervisor's signature in that initial draft ?

So I am requesting people for their kind response regarding these issues.

Thank You

Last edited by BIT0120-ধ্রুব on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Date has been changed by sakib sir.)
BIT0120-ধ্রুব
BIT0120-ধ্রুব
Release Candidate
Release Candidate

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

http://dhrubo-nisshongokothopokothon.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Some Questions regarding Internship report Empty Re: Some Questions regarding Internship report

Post by BIT0111-muctadir Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:55 pm

বিষয়টা জটিল। সবারই কিছু প্রশ্ন আছে। কিন্তু উত্তর ওয়ালারা নিজেদেরটা নিয়ে ব্যস্ত বলেই মনে হচ্ছে। পরীক্ষার হলে খাতা দেখানোর মত হয়েছে আর কি।
BIT0111-muctadir
BIT0111-muctadir
Expert
Expert

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Some Questions regarding Internship report Empty Re: Some Questions regarding Internship report

Post by BIT0119-Asif Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:28 pm

Hello,

In Submitted to: I have written only "Institute of Information Technology, University of Dhaka" as I am not sure whether to include program office, director or program chair's name.

What is a letter of transmittal can you please explain a bit? I have included a letter of endorsement and acknowledgement.

We were not assigned any faculty member(s) during our internship program. If anyone was assigned they should include the names.

You have caught the bull by its horns. It is necessary to include the project works with the details, learnings and any limitations. For personal achievements we need a self evaluation on the same nine performance appraisal metrics that were sent to the supervisors. Sir even asked for the marks by us. Also the evaluation of the company culture and suggestions whether to send interns to your company in the future should be mentioned. Alim talked to sir whether to submit the company evaluation and self evaluation reports separately and sir said that it is ok if they are separately submitted.

I am not sure that whether the document submitted on November 30 is initial draft or is it the final one. Let me know if you are sure of the fact that the one submitted on November 30 is initial because sir clearly specified that students who are going to submit after November 30 will be penalized. So we should be careful enough not to miss out on the date thinking that its just an initial draft. However if you are sure that it is initial, please let us know about it. And I am not sure where to attach the supervisor's signature. Can you please tell me?

And sir also mentioned that day about submitting the document in spiral binding. I think its better that we all submit the document in spiral binding. If anyone decides to submit the hard binded version please post it in the forum as we all should submit it in one form.

I have tried to answer most of your questions and I have raised a few of mine. Hopefully you guys will reply as soon as possible.

Thank you and take care, Asif
BIT0119-Asif
BIT0119-Asif
Study Moderator
Study Moderator

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0122-Amit Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:05 am

BIT0111-muctadir wrote:বিষয়টা জটিল। সবারই কিছু প্রশ্ন আছে। কিন্তু উত্তর ওয়ালারা নিজেদেরটা নিয়ে ব্যস্ত বলেই মনে হচ্ছে। পরীক্ষার হলে খাতা দেখানোর মত হয়েছে আর কি।

ভাই, এত্তো প্যাচঘোচ মাথায় আসে কেন? আমরা সবাই যে যার ইন্টার্নিতে ব্যস্ত, আর প্রশ্নগুলা এমন যে কারো নিজে থেকে উত্তর দেয়া সম্ভব না। আন্দাজে কিছু বলাও ঝুঁকিপূর্ণ। উত্তর দিতে হলে তো সাকিব স্যারের সাথে অন্ততঃ কারো কথা বলা লাগবে, তাই না?

আমি ভেবেছিলাম শনিবার গিয়ে জিজ্ঞাসা করবো - কিন্তু আমার মনে হয় কারো স্যারকে মেইল করে জিজ্ঞাসা করা উচিত।

যাকগে, ধ্রুবের শেষ দুইটা প্রশ্নের উত্তরে জানাই, তিনটাই থাকতে হবে। কিন্তু academic achievement এর চাইতে non-academic achievement বেশি গুরুত্ব পাবার কথা। যেহেতু ইন্টার্ণের কারণই হলো industry সমন্ধে সামনা সামনি জানতে পারা, যা academy তে সম্ভব না - Intern এ কে কি অর্জন করেছে তা অবশ্যই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ (presentation এও স্যার এটা জানার প্রতি গুরুত্ব দিয়েছিলেন)

আর ৫মের উত্তরে আসিফের সাথে একমত পোষন করছি। ২৮ বা ৩০ যাই হোক, ৩০ এর পরে দিলেই ধরা।

যেহেতু বিষয়গুলা গুরুত্বপূর্ণ, কেউ যদি আগে থেকেই জেনে থাকে তাহলে উত্তর শেয়ার করার অনুরোধ জানাচ্ছি। নাইলে মেইল করা লাগবে স্যারকে।
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0103-Ovid Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:12 am

আমি যে উত্তরগুলা দিচ্ছি তা সম্পুর্ণ আমার view -

For dhrubo-

As we have to submit the document to some one (I gues IIT will not be good idea) submitting to Sakib sir is the best option. Dont forget he is our program chair. So I think its completely ok to submit our report to him. But I may be wrong. So far I think Sakib sir is the best option. When submitting dont forget to add the designation Assistant Professor and Program chair BIT (SE) under his name. This will make yourself clear that you are submitting the document to the program chair.

যেহেতু আমরা কার thorugh তে internship করতেছি না মানে কোন sir ডিরেক্টলি লুকওভার করতেছেন না তাই আমার মনে হয় না এইটা নিয়ে কোন doubt থাকা উচিত।football খেলায় goalkeeper থাকে বলে কি cricket খেলায় ও goalkeeper লাগবে নাকি

If we write our project works obviously it will include achievements. These are complementary. But still for this part I think you should talk to any of our teacher. Because you should prepare your document from your viewpoint not mine. And its better you should clear your viewpoint by talking with the teachers

What do you mean by draft ????? As far as I Know we have to submit one final documentaion within 30th of this month where supervisor shoul approve all our projects (obviously by putting a signature ) included in the report. Otherwise we will be penalised

For Asif-

Letter of transmittal is the letter (or should I say application) where by addressing the responsible personnel (in our case may be Sakib sir) you submit the report. I dont know whether it has another name or not.

Now some important things

As Asif mentioned we will also have to submit our self assessment and company evaluation. But this two things will not be a part of the report. That is these things will not be mentioned in the table of contents. You may submit it under the same binding or two different bindings thats upto you.

Just Self assess yourself as you have done in the midterm presentation. Give your self a mark and then discuss why you have given that mark. The main idea behind that is if our given mark and supervisor's mark contrast then if necessary sir may argue with the supervisor.

For writing company evaluation take guidline from the report that is send. Write it like yourself.

Dont forget to fillup the company evaluation form too. Mark that, this form and the company evaluation that you are writing will not be the same. These are two different things.

You have to write another letter mentioning whether you are further recommending your company or not.

And dont forget for doing all these things the deadline is 30th !!!!!!! So do hurry !!!!!!!
BIT0103-Ovid
BIT0103-Ovid
Release Candidate
Release Candidate

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O-

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0129-Tabassum Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:36 pm

BIT0103-Ovid wrote:
What do you mean by draft ????? As far as I Know we have to submit one final documentaion within 30th of this month where supervisor shoul approve all our projects (obviously by putting a signature ) included in the report. Otherwise we will be penalised

গত শনিবার স্যারের সাথে কথা বলার সময় স্যার সম্ভবত শ্যামলের এই প্রশ্নের জবাবে বলেছিলেন স্পাইরাল বাইন্ডিং করা draft টাই দিতে হবে প্রথমে। ৩০তারিখের মাঝে সম্ভবত হার্ডবাইন্ড না, শুধু স্পাইরালটাই দিতে হবে, তবে যা যা চাওয়া হয়ছে সবই থাকা লাগবে সেটায়।
আমি বারবার বলছি, আমি যা বলেছি তা ভুলও হতে পারে।
আমি অনুরোধ করছি, সাকিব স্যারের সাথে কথা বলে বিষয়টা নিশ্চিত করার জন্য Neutral
BIT0129-Tabassum
BIT0129-Tabassum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : A+

http://probe-tabassum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0122-Amit Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:51 pm

শ্যামলের সাথে কথা বলার সময় স্যার মোটেও বলেন নাই ৩০ তারিখের কথা। উনি সম্ভবত বলেছিলেন আগে জমা দিয়ে আগে draft হিসেবে দেখিয়ে নেবার কথা।

৩০ তারিখটা শেষ দিন, সেটা জনমত নির্বিশেষে ঐক্যমতে পৌঁছানো গিয়েছে।
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0129-Tabassum Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:53 pm

তাও আরেকবার স্যারকে জিজ্ঞাসা করতে অনুরোধ করা গেলো Neutral
BIT0129-Tabassum
BIT0129-Tabassum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : A+

http://probe-tabassum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0122-Amit Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:55 pm

Sir, confirmed me that the last date of report submission including all formalities and "No Objection on Report" from office is 30.11.2011

According to Efat's mail in bit01.
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down