IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ubuntu: Enable two finger scrolling in touch pad

3 posters

Go down

Ubuntu: Enable two finger scrolling in touch pad Empty Ubuntu: Enable two finger scrolling in touch pad

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:21 am

I just discovered this feature in Ubuntu. I am not sure if it depends on machine. But I think it will work in most because my one is really old: HP Compaq nx9010. Out of market for sure.

Now how to enable it? Go to System > Preference > Mouse from your gnome menu. Go to the Touchpad tab. Select Two-finger scrolling and Enable horizontal scrolling.

Now, to scroll touch the touchpad with two fingers and drag.

Good thing: Horizontal scrolling is really helpful. You need not select the horizontal scroll bar and drag it.
Bad thing: The default scroll area of the touchpad is disabled. You can ONLY scroll with two fingers.

Hope you will like it.
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Ubuntu: Enable two finger scrolling in touch pad Empty Re: Ubuntu: Enable two finger scrolling in touch pad

Post by BIT0130-Shakkhor Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:33 am

Dude, this is a pretty old trick cyclops how come you not know this until now?! Question
BIT0130-Shakkhor
BIT0130-Shakkhor
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Ubuntu: Enable two finger scrolling in touch pad Empty Re: Ubuntu: Enable two finger scrolling in touch pad

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:57 am

BIT0130-Shakkhor wrote:Dude, this is a pretty old trick cyclops how come you not know this until now?! Question
Smile
Because those who knew it never shared Wink
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0122-Amit Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:13 am

Hey, nice one. Smile

I think you will like this one Very Happy

https://iitdu.forumotion.com/t834-using-touchpad-effectively-in-notebook-laptop-ubuntu

Dude, this is a pretty old trick how come you not know this until now?!
Dude, you should've shared it then Bat Hammer

*Wonders what kinda war would start if I said that too. Neutral *
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down