IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MDX Perser, M&H Informatics (BD) Limited -2011

2 posters

Go down

MDX Perser, M&H Informatics (BD) Limited -2011 Empty MDX Perser, M&H Informatics (BD) Limited -2011

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:49 am

The project was about Multidimensional Expres​sion(MDX) query. MDX is an advanced query language. My work did not require understanding MDX so I know almost nothing about MDX. I just know that MDX queries can be very very complex. Visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to learn more about MDX.

The primary requirements of my project were to

1. Take an MDX as input.

2. Parse the MDX to identify different parts of it.

3. Generate some parts from the parsed expression.

4. Store the parsed query in a relational database. (The motivation behind storing queries in database is reusing, the users will not need to type the queries more than once)

I used

1. ASP.NET MVC 3

2. Entity Framework for database management.

3. Razor View Engine for designing pages. Razor is really cool. I felt like doing Object Oriented HTML!

Thanks to

• Imrul Bhai: His patient hearing to my problems during the development made me much faster. He helped me in development, debugging and deployment. Thats all I did! So, he was with me all the time.

• Toma: Parsing the MDX was the biggest challenge in this project and she was with me in winning this challenge. Actually, most of the ideas came out of her brain while solving this part, I just typed the codes.

The current release is not stable one. I am still working on it.

Someone suggest a good title of this topic. Also, I am not sure if this is the right place for this post

Last edited by BIT0102-Mohaimin on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Title renamed on reader's suggestion)
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

MDX Perser, M&H Informatics (BD) Limited -2011 Empty Re: MDX Perser, M&H Informatics (BD) Limited -2011

Post by BIT0122-Amit Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:55 am

Good to know about the details Very Happy
According to wiki, MDX is used for OLAP.
So... is your project somehow converting the MDX query to something like SQL query in the form of Stored Procedure?

I think a better title would be,

MDX Perser, M&H Informatics (BD) Limited -2011

And you are in the right place Very Happy
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

MDX Perser, M&H Informatics (BD) Limited -2011 Empty Re: MDX Perser, M&H Informatics (BD) Limited -2011

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:20 am

According to wiki, MDX is used for OLAP.
My work is a small part of a larger project. Most of the things in the large project are beyond my scope.
I just read a bit from wiki article on OLAP (had no idea about it before). You may have noticed that there is something about Business Reporting. The main project involves business reporting. I have seen some reports, there were bar diagrams and written descriptions.

So... is your project somehow converting the MDX query to something like SQL query in the form of Stored Procedure?
My project actually finds out some key-value pairs. The keys are some small names and the corresponding values are something much larger. Users of Multidimensional Database will use the small names, and complex queries will be generated with appropriate values. So, my work does not convert anything. It provides the materials of conversion.

BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down