IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Design Pattern Exam: Some more information About Code, and class diagram and etc

4 posters

Go down

Design Pattern Exam: Some more information About Code, and class diagram and etc Empty Design Pattern Exam: Some more information About Code, and class diagram and etc

Post by BIT0122-Amit Sat May 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Course code: 506
Course Name: Design Pattern
Well, I had some confusions. And I mailed Maeenul sir about it. Here is his reply.

Me:
The Singleton pattern in design pattern book by GOF contains a structure image, which is similar to class diagram. Its format is somewhat like this

Class Name

=========

Methods

=========

Variables

However, the format of class diagram is like this

Class Name

=========

Variables

=========

Methods

This is somewhat confusing me. Which one is supposed to be used?

Sir:
Any one you like.

Me:
Again, we are used to accessibility symbols from the UML diagrams IDE generates for us. But generally, accessibility are expressed using , #, –, ~ according to IBM tutorials. Is it ok if we use any one of them when we hand draw?

Sir:
OK.

Me:
Also, when we write codes in paper, will you overlook the syntax details? You mentioned pseudo code, so if the code is a mixture of C# and Java syntaxes, will it be overlooked? As I am still an inexperienced C# programmer, I am facing this problem of somewhat mixing C# and Java syntaxes when I am practicing using pen and paper.

Sir:
language is not my concern, The code needs to explain the pattern. Thats it. You saw in class, how I coded on the board. That is what I am expecting.

One suggession here. You saw I used to code first, then erase it and adjust as I proceed further with the pattern. So while coding probably you also will not be able to correctly code everything at first run. You can use pencil and rubber so that you can easily erase code and modify it. I used to do this in my exams for programming courses. No problem if the final code remains in pencil.

Me:
Next, the book contains many more details. For example, applicability, collaborations, participants. As you didn’t mention them in syllabus, I assume they can be safely ignored?

Sir:
collaborations you may ignore. But how can you ignore applicability and participants, I am not sure. The main thing of design pattern course it to learn where we can apply and what are the main classes of the pattern. This is what is applicability and participants. So these 2 are very important.

Me:
Lastly, in singleton pattern, in your presentation, you have given three kinds of implementations. In my humble opinion, the second one is better than the first one, and the third one is better than second one.

However, in such cases, if nothing is mentioned in question, will it be ok to write any of those implementations?

Sir:
Should not you use the best one?
Please make sure that you pass these message to all of your class mates.
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Design Pattern Exam: Some more information About Code, and class diagram and etc Empty Re: Design Pattern Exam: Some more information About Code, and class diagram and etc

Post by BIT0117-Ibrahim Sat May 28, 2011 5:33 pm

rep++
BIT0117-Ibrahim
BIT0117-Ibrahim
Study Moderator
Study Moderator

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Design Pattern Exam: Some more information About Code, and class diagram and etc Empty Re: Design Pattern Exam: Some more information About Code, and class diagram and etc

Post by BIT0129-Tabassum Sat May 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Thanks a lot for the information Smile

I was also confused about some of them.

rep++
BIT0129-Tabassum
BIT0129-Tabassum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : A+

http://probe-tabassum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0117-Ibrahim Sun May 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Hello All,

This is another link which may become helpful for us.Because I saw that some patterns code match here which sir was solved in our classes.Motivation, intent, applicability and codes are given here more clearly. So you all can see this link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BIT0117-Ibrahim
BIT0117-Ibrahim
Study Moderator
Study Moderator

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0115-Efat Sun May 29, 2011 10:50 pm

BIT0117-Ibrahim wrote:Hello All,

This is another link which may become helpful for us.Because I saw that some patterns code match here which sir was solved in our classes.Motivation, intent, applicability and codes are given here more clearly. So you all can see this link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ছোট্ট বন্ধু, এই লিংকটা অনেক আগেই দেয়া হয়েছিল।
তুমি মনে হয় দেখো নাই Razz
BIT0115-Efat
BIT0115-Efat
Service Release
Service Release

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0122-Amit Sun May 29, 2011 11:21 pm

দেয়া হলে দেয়া হইছে। আমার মনে ছিল না এই লিংকের কথা। আবার দেয়াতে মনে পড়লো Very Happy
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down