IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ToothBrash: A Java based Reminder for PC

3 posters

Go down

Java ToothBrash: A Java based Reminder for PC

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:30 pm

The project is a Reminder. The current version is really too simple. What it can do is:
1. Add a reminder time of course.
2. Add a reminder message.
3. The input window disappears after you have input message and time. However, it leaves an icon in the NotificationArea/SystemTray using which you can discard the reminder any time you want.

There is a big limitation, the reminder is discarded if you shut down your computer. So its kind of short-time-reminder.
I will try to overcome this limitation next time.

Here is the source. File size 7.1 KB.

And here is the executable files' archive. File size 11.2 KB.

To run the program, extract the Remainder-Execute.zip archive. You will see a read me file there. It includes instructions for Linux users. I don't know commands for windows. Is there anyone who can help by providing a little batch file to run my reminder?

I have used a little icon here. I got that some where in my the System files in my Ubuntu. I didn't like that much. Can you give me something better? Like an alarm or something else.

The name of the tool is Tooth brash, lets see who can tell why it is so Wink
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Java Re: ToothBrash: A Java based Reminder for PC

Post by BIT0122-Amit Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:02 pm

That's a very impressive program Very Happy RPP. So, how does the reminder remembers things? I mean, does it store the notes within itself?

I think this image should be good.
You need to resize the image though.

ToothBrash: A Java based Reminder for PC Alarm-clock

There is another thing. When one reminder is given(I was not able to give multiple reminders), and I close the reminder window, one reminder notification stays in the tray, which is ok. But after it gives alert, it does not prompt whether I want to insert any other reminder or not. Maybe it should ask?

And erm, remainder and reminder are different. Maybe you meant to use reminder in the program Razz

BTW, please do understand that the IITDU uploader is not stable at all. (It is actually created using simple php and ftp combination. Neutral And the place where the files goes does not actually accept file hosting Razz )

There is another thing I am curious about as well. Apparently, the process goes like this:
1) a shell process is started when Run.sh is used.
2) the jre is executed within the shell.
3) jre exits, and then shell exits.
That is two processes are running at the same time.

It can be avoided if we use a & after the command that is going to be executed from shell. That is, we will be using forking, and the shell will exit after java is executed Smile

Erm, mind explaining this line?
Code:
cd $(cd `dirname $0` && pwd)
Run.sh still works even if I comment out this line.

Ps: It is toothbrush because you forget brushing your teeth after working late at night maybe? Neutral
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:03 am

how does the reminder remembers things? I mean, does it store the notes within itself?
It simply goes sleep for a while. Input time minus current time. I don't know, is this what you wanted to know?

I think this image should be good.
Its perfect. I am going to use it Very Happy

When one reminder is given(I was not able to give multiple reminders), and I close the reminder window, one reminder notification stays in the tray, which is ok. But after it gives alert, it does not prompt whether I want to insert any other reminder or not. Maybe it should ask?
Yeah it should I thing. That requirement is added to the next version Smile
Actually, I have made this one to store only one reminder. To store multiple more than one, you need to run the program more than one times. Of course very bad Sad

And erm, remainder and reminder are different. Maybe you meant to use reminder in the program
Yeah I know, you know my spelling problem. You got that gaze and guess several times. I used the wrong one here also. After I got that, I corrected it as much as possible. Looks like I missed some Razz

It can be avoided if we use a & after the command that is going to be executed from shell. That is, we will be using forking, and the shell will exit after java is executed
I saw some where using $ like you said, but it was not clear to me before. Now it is clear, thanks.

Run.sh still works even if I comment out this line.
It will work if you are in the program's root directory. Otherwise it is not supposed to work.
The line you asked to explain moves you to Run.sh 's directory, which is the root of ToothBrash. I got that command googling just before I made that Run.sh file. I don't know, may be there is a better way to do that.

It is toothbrush because you forget brushing your teeth after working late at night maybe?
Bull's NOSE!!! It isn't me. Its Rokon.
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0112-Rokon Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:59 am

মুহা, আমারে টাকা দেওয়া লাগবো........
BIT0112-Rokon
BIT0112-Rokon
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

http://blog.codexplo.org

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:50 pm

BIT0112-Rokon wrote:মুহা, আমারে টাকা দেওয়া লাগবো........
Razz
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content