IITDU Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Standard format to post education related topics

4 posters

Go down

Standard format to post education related topics Empty Standard format to post education related topics

Post by BIT0129-Tabassum Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:35 am

Dear IITans,

Posts related to study/ classes are increasing day by day. I am happy to see you here sharing the study materials. Though they are very helpful, but sometimes they are confusing. Why? Because of lack of awareness while giving a topic. Its not your fault..we don't follow a standard format to give a education related post. I am giving the standard format below. If you have any question or suggestion to improve the format, you are most welcome Very Happy

Topic Title : It should be descriptive, clear and contain course name. thus anyone can easily understand the subject of the topic. Like " Operating system comcepts:ppt slide for chapter 3,5,6 and 7 of Silberschatz" , " Solution of Database System Concepts Fifth Edition by Silberschatz", " Lecture Slides on Software Engineering by Ian Sommerville" etc.

Course Name: You should write the course name here because there isn't the subject/course name explicitly told in the forum. It will make your topic easier to find, to read, and finally, to sort.
Course Code: To make it more understanding and searchable.

Date: Date of accessing the file/material from student/teacher/Internet etc (if applicable)

Size: Size of the file.
File name: FIle name (If possible add a two/three line description with it.)
URL: The url from where to download.

Example of a Standard formatted education related topic :

Title: Slides of The Nature of Operation Management and Assembly line balancing
Course Name: Business Studies for Engineers
Course Code: 405

I am giving the link to download the presentation slides which was followed by Mustaq sir 21 and 22 September.

The Nature of Operation Management (Chapter-9, size:352KB)
Assembly line balancing (size:68KB)

The above is the necessary information about education related post. You may have some other description to give, the format may differ a little for different posts.

Last edited by LordAmit on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:11 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : to add more detail recieving AMit's feedback.)
BIT0129-Tabassum
BIT0129-Tabassum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : A+

http://probe-tabassum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Standard format to post education related topics Empty Re: Standard format to post education related topics

Post by BIT0122-Amit Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:51 am

good work Very Happy appreciate it.
I hope the junior ones will rep++ your post.

Rep++
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : O+

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Standard format to post education related topics Empty Re: Standard format to post education related topics

Post by BIT0115-Efat Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:15 pm

please, tabassum try to make the format with file type
so that, all of them will be ensured after downloading it
BIT0115-Efat
BIT0115-Efat
Service Release
Service Release

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0102-Mohaimin Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:08 pm

I had an idea about the format thing.
This is required for archive search isnt it? I think the manual insertion of those lines makes the whole thing imbalanced. People may forget to insert those.
So, I suggest that, (if possible) tags for the academic sections (may be for other sections too) should automatically be added to the the topics, which will not be removable.
BIT0102-Mohaimin
BIT0102-Mohaimin
Programmer
Programmer

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : B+

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0122-Amit Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:39 pm

BIT0102-Mohaimin wrote:I had an idea about the format thing.
This is required for archive search isnt it? I think the manual insertion of those lines makes the whole thing imbalanced. People may forget to insert those.
So, I suggest that, (if possible) tags for the academic sections (may be for other sections too) should automatically be added to the the topics, which will not be removable.

If only it was possible.... *sighs*

BTW, as there is a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] available, and because people sometimes are referring to this older version, I think this topic should be locked.
BIT0122-Amit
BIT0122-Amit
Founder
Founder

Course(s) :
  • BIT

https://iitdu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BIT0129-Tabassum Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:48 am

Topic locked as it's newer version is available [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
BIT0129-Tabassum
BIT0129-Tabassum
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Course(s) :
  • BIT

Blood Group : A+

http://probe-tabassum.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down